I collected the unripe pods containing these seeds just before I started going down slow in November. They were the products of uncontrolled crosses between whichever plants were flowering at the time, including my RX09 series seedlings and their putative parents. Recognising the imminence of frost, if not my own illness, I hurriedly picked them in bunches and stored them in glass jars as described in my OCASional Update 3.
This method seems to hold promise as a way of securing the maximum number of seeds, assuming that premature harvest doesn't have negative effects on their viability and subsequent germination. There's only one way to find out. Nurse, fetch me my propagator.